Rating: 5 Cups of Coffee
Goodreads’ Book Description:
Book #1 in the OFF THE MAP series
New Adult Contemporary Romance
If You Never Get Lost, You’ll Never Be Found
Twenty-one-year-old Natalia Stolfi is saying good-bye to the past-and turning her life upside down with a trip to the land down under. For the next six months, she’ll act like a carefree exchange student, not a girl sinking under the weight of painful memories. Everything is going according to plan until she meets a brooding surfer with hypnotic green eyes and the troubling ability to see straight through her act.
Bran Lockhart is having the worst year on record. After the girl of his dreams turned into a nightmare, he moved back home to Melbourne to piece his life together. Yet no amount of disappointment could blind him to the pretty California girl who gets past all his defenses. He’s never wanted anyone the way he wants Talia. But when Bran gets a stark reminder of why he stopped believing in love, he and Talia must decide if what they have is once in a lifetime . . . or if they were meant to live a world apart.
Okay, I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
I was actually planning on getting this book this weekend when Lia posted a tweet that said whoever tweeted her “bicep” first, would win a free copy of UPSIDE DOWN.
It must have been my lucky night because I was crazy fast with my response and voilà, here we are.
I have so many points to get through, so I’ll try and make this sweet and simple.
- Lia Riley is such a talented writer. I will now definitely read anything –and everything— that she plans on writing.
- I’ve been living on the wrong side of the world. Australia is clearly where I am meant to be.
- I love Talia so much, I just want to cuddle her for a while and be her best friend. Her snarky attitude was everything. The sass was much appreciated.
- Bran. What even. God bless the dude in the koala suit.
- There’s this popular hashtag right now, #relationshipgoals, that I’ve always found to be so naïve and unrealistic. I mean, the goal itself should be a (stable) relationship, right? Wrong. When –not if— I date an Australian man, I wholeheartedly hope and pray that our relationship can be just like Bran + Talia, without the minor (major) miscommunications.
- I laughed SO much reading this book. Seriously, ask my friends, they thought I was insane.
- Everything about this book was fantastic. From the hilarious dialogue, to the setting, to the palpable chemistry between Talia + Bran.
- This book did not disappoint, at all.
- I can’t wait to read SIDESWIPED, the second book in the series.
- One-click this adorable, funny, hot as hell, kind of sad at times, but oh so lovely read, ASAP.
- And keep up with Lia Riley on Facebook!
Some favorite quotes to add in:
“So much for an impromptu book club.” LOL, one of my favorite scenes.
“Don’t break your heart trying to batter against the world, okay?” *swoon*