Rating: 4.5 Cups of Coffee
Goodreads’ Book Description:
After her father’s untimely demise in a mining accident and her mother’s abandonment, Lauren Lindsay is no stranger to loss. She’s used to living life for one person: herself. That is, until another family tragedy thrusts three children into her care and uproots her life in ways she could never imagine.
Lauren’s first instinct is to run, until she meets their striking, mysterious neighbor Dean Powell. Their immediate chemistry and his connection with her late father just might be enough to keep her in town long enough to uncover pieces of her past that she never had answers to. Dean’s shady past and her reluctance to trust him could cost her the life she’s always been searching for, but will she run back to her old life?
Or will she choose to stay and live the life her father always imagined for her?
AWWW. I loved this book. I genuinely enjoyed reading this book. Here’s why:
I think I spent the entire time smiling or just giddy over all the characters in IGNITE.
It was definitely more along the lines of a YA book than an NA book, but I can never have enough YA novels in my life.
Dean—DEAN—is perfect. He is everything you want and need in your life. He can be moody, and sometimes cheesy, but wow, he is as genuine as they come. His rugged sexuality is a plus 😉
Lauren Annabelle Lindsay is so many things, but overall, she is courageous and so selfless. If I were ever put in her position, I have absolutely no idea how I would handle it, but I can guarantee it would not go as smoothly as Lauren handled it, even if she thinks otherwise.
I love books that let me fall in love gradually (instant love will probably never work for me). IGNITE was slow, which I learned to completely appreciate as the story progressed, and gave me time to really invest myself in Lauren’s life.
I fell completely in love with Emma, Callie, Chase, Kenzie, and Jenny. Secondary characters can either be a hit or miss and this bunch was a perfect hit.
I can’t rave enough about this feel-good book, and I cannot wait to read the second book ARCLIGHT, Dean’s side of the story told in his POV.
“He leaned in close one more time.
“I like you.”
His words made my breath catch, but I tried not to let him notice.
“So? I like you too”, I said casually as I glanced over at him and narrowed my eyes. “Sometimes.”
He chuckled softly.
“No, I don’t think you get it. I like you.”
I fell in love with Dean Powell in the first chapter of Ignite, literally. In this review I will list why Dean Powell will set up all my future boyfriends for failure. No other guy can compare to him. If you think I’m exaggerating, read Ignite and fall in love with him for yourself. But remember, he’s mine 😉
OK, so reasons why I, Gabrielle Alexis, am in love with Dean Powell:
- He’s Henry Cavill’s look alike.
- He’s Henry Cavill’s look alike!!!!
- He’s genuinely swoon material. The slightest gesture done by Dean has butterflies trying to get out of my tummy!
- His relationship with Emma, Lauren’s little sister, is absolutely adorable. Can I be her? My middle name is Emma, does that count?
- The way he knows he’s attractive without being cocky about it. I hate cocky boys (realistic and fictional).
- He’s mysterious and has every right to be.
- He’s forward, but not in the creepy loser way. (Ladies, don’t you hate the creepers?)
- You can tell he’s totally into me. From the moment he met me. Oops, I meant Lauren, not me 😉
- I love love love the way Dean cares about everyone, but himself. Lauren and her family are his priority and that’s the way it should be.
- Dean Powell will have you swooning, laughing, crying and swooning some more. He possesses every quality a girl deserves to have in a guy.
Ignite had me hooked from the first page. Lily Paradis has a way with words that will capture your heart from the start.
Ignite started a fire in my heart that will never burn out.
Want to win an eBook copy of IGNITE?
Check out our Instagram #repost giveaway!
Also, check out our Facebook giveaway!
Find out more information about IGNITE and Lily’s other upcoming releases at www.lilyparadis.com
And keep up with Lily’s Social Media Accounts:
Goodreads Author Page