Goodreads’ Book Description:
Bad enough Jade Frost’s boyfriend drags her to a boring poker game. Even worse that he actually threw her into the betting pot during an intense round…and lost. Talk about the perfect excuse for Jade to make him her ex-boyfriend.
Now she supposedly belongs to the ultra rich, extremely gorgeous Shep Prescott. He could have anything he wants yet he seems to be in hot pursuit of her. No matter how rude, how snarky, how impossible she acts, it doesn’t stop him. More like her horrible behavior seems to make him want her more.
When she finds herself starting to fall for him, Jade’s confused. There’s more to Shep than the carefree rich charmer he portrays. No way could he want a serious relationship with her…or could he?
Natasha’s Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Read This Book:
- I stayed up past 5 a.m. reading this, even when my eyelids were begging to close and my body was dying to shut down for the night. Shep & Jade would not let me go, so I couldn’t just put the book down. I had to keep going until I couldn’t hold up my kindle any longer.
- SHEP. He is reason enough to read this story. He is cocky, so entirely arrogant and is 1000% responsible for my kindle almost lighting on fire. He is that damn hot. (I’m also irrevocably in love with him so my opinions are utterly biased.)
- I liked Jade a whole lot more than I thought I would. At times she wasn’t my favorite character, but I could get passed that when she owned up to her mistakes. She’s young, sassy, and becomes just as infatuated with Shep as I did. Because she knows Shep is a notorious player, her insecurities over why he shows an interest in her come out, but not for long. She holds her own and I loved seeing her grow more and more confident with Shep.
- The banter, the completely witty and clever lines, that these two share is incredibly entertaining and will keep you laughing, sighing, and gasping for air when it gets to an all-time high on the steamy scale.
- Finally, definitely consider reading FAIR GAME if you want an NA read that doesn’t throw too much drama on you, makes you laugh out loud and has you fanning your face because it is seriously too hot. Monica Murphy’s writing will transform you and take you on such a ride. I already can’t wait to read this again!
P.S. I ♥ this cover to pieces!!!!